Business Unit Director
The Hague Region
Strong and competitive package, depending on your level of experience and seniority level
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Strong and competitive package, depending on your level of experience and seniority level
- As a Business Unit Director, you are fully P&L responsible for one of the business units being part of a successful, international niche player. You strive for operational excellence through strong processes and excellent people skills and you connect both people and disciplines
- The Business unit director is a generalist with excellent sales and marketing experience, an entrepreneur who is able to scale up the organization in a multi-geographical and omnichannel growth strategy.
The Business Unit Director leads the company’s Business Unit and actively drives growth and expansion worldwide. The Business Unit Director is responsible for the success of the brand and its financials and is thus co-developing and executing the Business Unit strategy. You will do this together with the group CEO and group directors’ team. The Business unit director will execute on a global level and is actively involved in the development of new products, and services, defining market strategies for these products, and utilizing the various sales channels to accelerate growth.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Full P&L responsibility for the business unit
- Co-develop the strategy, and develop the associated business plans, targets, and budgets. Execute these to achieve the set sales targets and achieve international growth
- You will manage the omni-channel business model in the two main strategic regions EMEA and USA
- You will further build on the foundation of the company and brand in terms of product development, marketing and sales
- With a strong and long-standing distribution channel and brand name in place, you will be made able to develop and will initiate new products and services in new markets under the brand name. For this, you are able to build full-scope business cases including market analysis to make solid go-to-market decisions
- Build out the brand’s dedicated expert team into a solid and future-proof team connected with the growth goals of the brand. The team build-up will be concentrated on Sales, Marketing and Product, with a strong focus on digital sales and marketing and depending on the geography implementing an operational excellence level that supports the company’s ambition and supports the sales and marketing output. You are responsible to make sure the full customer experience is on par with or rather beyond best practices
- Active and continuous communication with the group CEO and shared service stakeholders is key to the execution
- Manage pricing in the different regions and establish pricing policies for the different channels, keeping a close eye on competitor positions in this regard and anticipating market developments
- Discussing, negotiating, and closing contracts. Keeping an overview of all the ins and outs of contracts, such as volume discounts and deviating agreements with partners
- A completed academic level education
- Extensive experience as a Sales or Marketing Manager/Director, Business Development Director or Product Manager, build up in an international trade or manufacturing, retail, or e-commerce organization.
- Leadership experience with an experienced sales or marketing team and a proven track record of driving growth and exceeding sales targets
- Up-to-date insight into Digital Marketing, E-commerce, and understanding of the importance of performance marketing
- Experience in managing remote teams across different cultures globally.
- Experience in developing and implementing sales and marketing strategies
- Excellent communication skills in English (as the team is international and the company language is English)
- Traveling to offices, partners, and customers in Europe, the USA, and Asia is an important part of the job
- Be open to working in a changing and growing environment where you have to help create new processes and working methods
- Being able to switch fast in a playing field that fits with a fast-changing and growing organization
- Strong analytical, strategic, and coaching skills
Our client is a dynamic, highly successful privately owned business that operates globally.